Re: Noise, Nature, Politics, & Psychiatry

>In the case of boom cars, I feel part of the attraction is
>the feeling of power that comes from *knowing* you are
>assaulting the entire community and *nobody* is going
>to stop you.

  This is certainly true for some of the boom car boys.

  In September I presented to the list the contents of
  an ad in Car Stereo Review magazine in which the
  advertiser of boom car equipment used a headline
  to boast that excessive noise from auto stereos is
  a guaranteed way to aggravate people over 40.

  The ad clearly promoted aggression and indiscriminant
  hatred of older people.