Re: Question

    In answer to your question on women and the megabass issue...  I
assure it bothers women also.  My neighbor and I will be outside having
a conversation and the boom cars will go by and trust me, we get
aggrevated, not only by the noise, but the type of music that is being
played.
    We have one neighbor whose wife will not let him play a certain type
of music in the house, so he goes outside and plays it full blast in his
truck.  It's not only the booms of the bass that bother us, but the type
of music he is playing (the rap songs degrading women).  We complained
to the police and the police did have a talk with him.  Problem solved.
He didn't play the music in his truck anymore, nor in his house.  Must
be now he can only listen when he is driving somewhere.  We cured the
immediate problem, no loud music in the neighborhood, but we did not
solve the overall problem - boom cars/trucks.
    I have noticed where I live that the boom car/truck phenomena seems
to be passing.  Hopefully it was a fad that has run it's course.  Of
course it's now winter so there's less cruising around in cars, so we
may have to wait till spring for a definite answer to this.
    However, where I go to school, a lot of the kids feel this boom car
"noise" is an issue and they have tried to get people to quit with the
boom effect.  So, it's not just us adults who are aggrevated, some of
the kids are too.  There is hope.
    Bob, as for your remarks on women....  I didn't take it as a sexist
issue.  Why?  There are things that bother men that don't seem to bother
women and vice versa.  I think that's because it is a sex thing.  Some
things just can't be explained any other way.  Hubby and I always have
discussions over what bothers us and the only explanation we can come up
with sometimes is "it's a guy thing" or "it's a girl thing".

Karen