Stop County from removing sound barrier?

My neighbors and I have a situation with a county road being
four-laned with a tremendous increase in traffic to a newly
constructed mall. The sound barrier tree line between us and this road
is being cut down by the county.  None of us are familiar with what
our rights are and what we can do about this problem.
Please help!   Thanks!

My E-mail is andrewc@gate.net