Re: Dealing With Noisy Neighbors

Michael,

> << But I think (I'll never get tired of saying this) that the
>   best criterion is not to have to assess noise in order to
>   find out if it bothers or not  people, but to educate people
>   from childhood to directly avoid producing  noise. >>
>
>   I am severely bothered by noise, and I don't see the need
>   for any sophisticated gadgetry to confirm that I am
>   bothered.

OK. You don't need a device to tell you that you are being bothered. But
unfortunately this society isn't as yet enough developed as to allow you
to knock your neighbour's door and say "Would you please turn your music
down?" and get an instant and favourable response. Until that time arrives
(I'm confident that this will happen some time in the future), we must
rely on some "objective" criteria which are unbeatable on court. Those
criteria haven't yet been established.

What I was trying to say is that education is the key for that future
civilized societal behaviour.

All the best.

Federico Miyara
Argentina