Re: My letter re restaurant music

<< Also to be suggested are cards that list the SHHH
 organization and then say, "TO THE MANAGER-I found it
  very unpleasant to be  in your establishment because of
  the loud music.  With or without hearing  aids, the hearing
  impaired have difficulty communicating with your
 employees when the music is so loud.  PLEASE TURN
  IT DOWN".

  I don't know of any published studies on this point, but
  I suspect that in many establishments the audio entertain-
  ment noise level is high enough to impede conversation at
  normal levels even for those who are not hearing-impaired.