Re: Measurement, Etc

On Fri, 19 Dec 1997, John Darcy Evans wrote:

> ... The article from which I
> quote says *Experts are concerned about the possible health effects of
> environmental noise, but there has been no clear-cut evidence to date to
> either prove or disprove direct long term effects.*  [!!]  However accurate
> that statement,...

  NoiseWatch has recently learned: "The evidence of a causal relationship
between the long-term effects of exposure to noise and ischaemic heart
disease is considered sufficient in the case of air and road traffic
(Health Council of the Netherlands, 1994).
  We will try to find the source documents. If anyone has knowledge of this
work please do pipe in.

 Eric Greenspoon
  President - NoiseWatch