Speaking Up In Restaurants

We quiet advocates need to be more assertive about
letting restaurant operators know how we feel about their
stereos.   Here are some suggestions.

1.  When a waitress or other employee asks if everything
     was OK, answer "Everything except the stereo -- we
     like to converse and enjoy quiet."

2.  Try this line on the waitress:  "It's nice that restaurants
     now have special sections for non-smokers.   What you
     need is a special section for people who don't want to hear
     your stereo."

3.  A lot of franchise operations  have pre-printed cards asking
    customers for evaluations.  Grab a few and pass them out
    to fellow quiet advocates.   In the comment section, make
    your views known about stereos.