Fwd: Quiet List Message from Val Gibson

Re: Spokesperson for Quiet

----- Forwarded message begins here -----

I agree we need to enlist the support of a known personality to promote
noise awareness.  The success of The Right to Peace and Quiet Campaign here
in the UK was due to our patron comedian Spike Milligan.  We could always
guarantee media attention when Spike attended an event or press conference.

Finding a celebrity who was sympathetic was not easy.  It is much cooler to
be seen planting trees or cleaning a river!

We need to work on our image and proving that peace and quiet can be cool
too!

Posters, t-shirts, stickers with some catchy slogans may help.  I agree
with Nancy we should be working together on this for INAD 1998.

Regards,  Val Gibson

------ Forwarded message ends here ------