Re: Spokesperson for Quiet

On Sat, 15 Nov 1997 11:17:15 -0800,
Kathleen Hamilton  <knhamilton@coastnet.com> wrote:

>How about a storefront? An actual store in every city selling things like
>hearing protection, white noise machines, posters saying Stupid Noise is
>Stupid (for example), literature on noise, cards to hand out in noisy
>restaurants, etc.

  I think a "mail-order" store specializing in such items might well
make a viable business.

   Back in the spring I went as far as calling an advertising
specialties company to find out the cost of printing up about 500
stickers that just said "Quiet" to offer to list members.  But they
said 500 was considered a "small run" and, with the setup fee, would
cost over $100 so I didn't go through with it.  Since then, I've had
the idea of making my own stickers using large-size mailing labels and
a large-size font, but I don't have quite good enough hardware to do
it.  If anyone on the list would consider making up about 100 or so
for me, I'll pay for the materials and see that they get distributed
to anyone who wants a share.

   David Staudacher - quiet@igc.org