Re: Metallica

On Sat, 15 Nov 1997 14:59:42 +0000,
Karen Jankowski   <Kjankows@umd.umich.edu> wrote:

>As for your twit list, I'm with you.  But if the talk of violence
>keeps up, I do agree the moderator of this list should speak up.

   Enough with this "twit" stuff.  "Twit" is British slang for "idiot"
and, when used in reference to another subscriber, offensive.  Also,
I've discussed the original Metallica postings offline and been
assured there won't be any more suggestions of violent solutions for
noise (even as a joke) and I haven't seen any since.  A retraction
was posted.  That ought to suffice.

David Staudacher - quiet@igc.org