RE: Quiet-List FAQ-sheet/November 1997

>>However, let us be careful in spelling out the effects of noise on
mental and physical health in broad, general terms.  It would be better to
refer people to the actual literature on the effects.  <<

Arline,

Your point is well taken. Unfortunately, the literature is not terribly
accessible, and the word "inconclusive" seems to predominate. I think
there's a place for a brief summary of what is known. But whether the
quiet-list FAQ is accurate I am not qualified to judge.

By the way, is it true that, as David Letterman says, you can now be fined
$50 for screaming as you are pushed off the subway platform in New York?
<g>

Peter Donnelly
Right to Quiet Society
http://www.islandnet.com/~skookum/quiet/