Re: Prominent Spokesperson for Quiet

On Wed, 12 Nov 1997, Kathleen Hamilton wrote:

> What we need is a prominent spokesperson for quiet.

   I've given this consideration for some time now. I have no doubt we will
gain ground year after year as we continue our quest for a quieter
planet. To speed up the process however, we need a catalyst to spark the
imagination of the general public and gain their support. That catalyst can
come in several forms. Some common recipes for success in the 90's are:
"sexy" prominent spokespersons, blockbuster movie hits, and prime time TV
shows.
   Can't you just imagine a movie scene where hundreds and hundreds of irate
noise victims run to their windows, open them up shaking their fists and
*whisper* "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take this noise anymore!".
Or in another scene thousands upon thousands of citizens march to capitol
hill and camp themselves there in complete silence armed with placards
demanding a quieter country.
   Arline, you had an idea for a TV show. Have you been able to find the
time to get moving on it?

 Eric Greenspoon
  Vice President - Citizens' Coalition Against Noise