Re:200kb

Federico Miyara wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> I've received some 200 Kb of abstracts on effects of noise and related
> topics. Is anybody interested in having that information forwarded?
>
> Regards.
>
> Federico Miyara
> Argentina

> For info, send message "info quiet-list" to same.
Yes, I would be most interested in abstracts. I wrote you earlier about
the use of noise in hostage situations(by police). Last week U-2 was
nice enough to play here in Jacksonville at the ALLTELL Stadium. It was
so loud people complained from almost 10 miles away. Calling the police
did no good, as the disturbed law abiding citizens were laughlingly
referred to the mayor's office. The police actually refused to enforce
obvious violation of noise ordinance. This from an administration that
has promised to control the volume of these type of outdoor events. The
mayor was recieving phone complaints at his home(private unlisted
number). All the things I have learned by reading the quiet list are
manifesting themselves in this situation. Annoyance is not a factor in
our noise code. Media figures cracked wise on the air about the
situation. There must be some really powerful forces at work here if the
living standards of whole neighborhoods are so willingly sacrificed.
It's almost as if people are being taunted.

drawman@leading.net(when they get around to changing it)