Re: Spokesperson for Quiet

I agree that the first step should be to "turn down the volume".  We always
recommend that first.  In addition, we recommend that you avoid or limit
exposure to noisy events.  If that is not possible, then we recommend the use
of hearing protection.   (The noise reduction rating, of course, will always
be reduced if the person does not use the ear plugs correctly.)

Nancy