Complaints about airport noise

It became quite plain to me, after phoning Transport Canada's noise
complaint hotline in Vancouver a couple of times, that this number exists
solely for the purpose of receiving complaints and not for doing anything
about them. They're quite candid about the fact that they have no power to
act on anything other than safety violations. It's no wonder people don't
bother complaining.