RE: Disappointing Article

 New York Noise Code stipulates offenses and then lists fines.  As a result
offenders violated code but built in fines as a cost of doing business in
this city.  With increased fines for repeated offenses, it was hoped that
the
violators would take the code more seriously.
<<<

What struck me about the original NY Times article was this sentence: "Bar
and cabaret owners said the increased fines were onerous and could sound
the death knell for many businesses."  In other words, obeying the law is
not even considered an option by these people.

I'm glad PBS showed the Sound and Fury program in NY. I wonder if we can
hope for national exposure.

Peter Donnelly
Right to Quiet Society
http://www.islandnet.com/~skookum/quiet/