Re: Boom Car Ad Promotes "Cardiac Arrest"

> I know this is poorly phrased, but couldn't OSHA (probably not the right
> agency) or some other governmental agency concoct laws that might
> protect the miserable wretches from themselves?  I'm sure someone out
> there will figure out what I'm trying to say and can probably say it
> better.

  Right. What you are thinking of is something equivalent to the seatbelt
laws which require drivers to wear seatbelts to protect themselves from
injury. In this case the laws would protect the boom-car drivers from
hearing damage and, at the same time, the health and sanity of all those
within earshot.

 Eric Greenspoon
  Vice President - Citizens' Coalition Against Noise