Re: low frequency sound

In a message dated 97-09-23 12:55:02 EDT, Bob S writes:

<< "Among the problems facing researchers investigating this
 technology is how to target and focus the waves so that they
 don't incapacitate everyone in the vicinity.

   Is this a new kind of weapons  research?

   If it is, then I have mixed feelings about it.

   On the one hand, I wish for a day when governments
   would find something to do better than working up
   more ways to kill and injure people in the name of warfare.

   On the other hand, if the military recognizes the
   value of noise as a weapon, it certainly makes the
   point that excessive noise can seriously injure
   people.   This is something which right-to-quiet
   folks need to grab onto.