Re: Purpose of quiet-list

In a message dated 97-09-23 01:34:25 EDT, Bob S writes:

<< One should be able to defend ones property from illegal
  activities instead of standing around wringing ones hands
  and chattering angrily like a  squirrel in a tree. >>

  Well, first of all, I would like to say that I am a very
  peaceable person.  I am the furthest thing from a gun
  freak.  I don't own a weapon, and the last time I even
  discharged a firearm was when I went skeet-shooting
  at age 14 or 15.

  Further, I am only interested in acting within my legal
  rights against boom-car drivers.

  Due to the level of damage they are inflicting on me, I
  am driven to the point of at least being willing to entertain
  the idea of extending legal doctrines of self-defense to
  include defense against noise assault where the perpetrator
  clearly has no other motive except being a noise-maker.
  (In other words, people who create disturbances by mowing
  their lawns are not perpetrators of noise assault.)

  A few years ago there was quite a bit of publicity about
  "make my day" laws.  I'm pretty sure Oklahoma passed
  one.  These laws permit the use of firearms against
  illegal intruders entering the victim's domicile.  I wouldn't
  use a firearm, but if there was a way I could legally
  disable the weapon used by someone conducting a
  boom car noise assault against me, I would do it in a
  minute.