Re: boom cars

Let me repeat: All on our quiet-list must arm themselves with the data
supporting the adverse impact of noise on our physical and mental health.
 Know the literature in the field.  These studies should be presented to
public officials to urge them to write laws curtailing noise or to enforce
those already on the books.  Do make the point that the mounting literature
demonstrating that noise is harmful to our health should not be ignored.  We
waited far too long after learning of the damage of smoking to our health
before implementing programs to limit smoking.  We need not wait for every
link in the noise-health relationship to be identified before warning people
of the dangers of noise.  Arline Bronzaftr