Re: Purpose of quiet-list

----- Forwarded message begins here -----
From: owner-quiet-list@igc.org  <owner-quiet-list@igc.org>
To: owner-quiet-list@igc.org
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 1997 06:17:50 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: BOUNCE quiet-list@igc.org:     Admin request of type /\bsubscribe\b/i at line 4
>From quiet@igc.org  Mon Sep 22 06:17:45 1997
        by igcb.igc.org (8.8.7/8.8.7) with ESMTP id FAA16810
        for <quiet-list@igc.org>; Mon, 22 Sep 1997 05:47:41 -0700 (PDT)
[snip]
> That said, I'd really like to see some other people jump in and tell us
> why they sub-scribe to quiet-list and what they would like to get from it.
>
> Peter Donnelly
> Right to Quiet Society
> http://www.islandnet.com/~skookum/quiet/

While I must confess that I am simply one of those "lurkers" and don't have
a lot to contribute, I subscribe primarily because I am looking for
resources and strategies to combat noise pollution in my community.

I also find it reassuring to know that there are so many others out there
concerned with these issues and working to secure the right to quiet for
all.  Consequently, I have no objection to folks venting, but I usually
just delete e-mails that don't seem to have a strategy focus.

Tim Lannan <tlannan@pipeline.com>