Re: Barking Dogs

In a message dated 97-09-13 17:38:25 EDT, Karen writes:

<< People have to be taught somehow that dog ownership
    is a life long  committment.  >>

   True enough.  I think also that people have to be taught,
   with effective laws and enforcement, that they do not have
   the right to burden their neighbors with recreational noise.

   There seem to be quite a few people who have a "life-long"
   committment" to leaving their dogs out in their yards to be
   barking nuisances.  I would like to see these "committments"
   broken.