Recordings for Boom Cars

This evening I went to Blockbuster Music to see
what kinds of recordings the typical boom car boy
would shop for.   The obvious place to conduct my
search was the "rap" section.  I looked for CD covers
which highlight the prominence of bass, since that
is what creates the "boom-boom" effect with which
they love to aggravate the older members of the
community.

I found a series called Best of Bass, Volumes 1, 2, and 3.
It had selections by various performers (notice I didn't say
"musicians" or even "artists"), and was issued by Priority
Records of Los Angeles. The cover displays the message:

    "WARNING !! Bass Hits So Hard IT HURTS."

Again, the suggestion that "music" is supposed to "hit"
and "hurt" completely subverts the very concept of music
with the idea that violence and pain are its purpose.

And whom do they want to hurt?  The answer is made
clear in the Prestige Audio ad I described the other day.
In the text, the marketers boast of how their product
could be counted on for putting the "over 40 set into
cardiac arrest."

I also found an album entitled "And Then There Was
Bass," produced by Tony Mercedes Records.  It also
featured various "rappas."

The third album I noticed was by the Bass Invaders and
was entitled "Lost In Bass," produced by  DM records.