Re: Agression: nature or nurture

Bob Smith raises an interesting issue.

I don't believe that agression is inborn. A toddler may grab another
toddler's toy, but he won't try to gouge his/her eyes out. A child who's
taught to use words, not fists, will not become an agressive brat.
Agression is learned, starting at home

Children are taught respect for others by seeing and hearing their parents
and teachers respect others. Respect is not taught by spanking. Spanking
only teaches children that hitting is a solution, and that big people can
hit smaller people.

Right now there's a pervasive climate of bullying, starting with the "lean
and mean" global economic system.  The drivers of boom cars are bullies.

KH