Re: Noise & Crime

   True, crime involves violent behavior, and noise can certainly
   stimulate extreme anger and violence.

   But let's not lose sight of the fact that not all criminal
   behavior is violent, and that probably most communities
   have ordinances (weakly enforced) prohibiting excessive
   noise-making.

   I am the victim of a crime every time a boom car drives
   by my house.   I am on the receiving end of an acoustic
   assault.  That in and of itself is sufficient to demonstrate
   the connection between noise and crime.