RE: Boom Car Ad Promotes "Cardiac Arrest"

I think you can find the France story on the Noise Pollution Clearinghouse
site, in their news section. I confess I don't recall where, but I read
recently that the law was finally passed.

On the Chicago thing, David Staudacher gave out this info a while back:

The amended ordinance is contained in  Title 11, Chapter 4, Section
1115:  Sound Device Restrictions -- Violation -- Penalty of the
Municipal Code of Chicago.  You can view the Municipal Code at the
Municipal Reference Collection

   "http://cpl.lib.uic.edu/001hwlc/hwgpdmrc.html";

in the Harold Washington Library.

Peter Donnelly