RE: Radio Bass

This is really interesting. Only yesterday I gave my 8-year-old son a disc
of some "golden oldies" and he mentioned that he preferred the newer stuff
because it had "more drums and stuff".

And of course every portable and personal stereo now has a "bass boost"
button.

It's all part of the movement toward entertainment as a visceral rather
than cerebral experience. Listening to that same disc, I had to chuckle at
the lyrics to "Wake Up Little Susie". The kids in the song are worried
because she was supposed to be home at 10, and Momma and Pop and all their
friends are going to be upset. They are measuring their own behaviour
against a social standard. Now it's boom cars pumping out "You
m**********ing b****h!!!" and the kids listening to the music are doing
drive-by shootings long past 10 p.m.

Can anything be done about it?  Is bass-boosting an unlawful modification
of someone else's property? Even if it is, and even if the holders of the
copyrights on the old stuff were aware, would they be motivated to take
action? I doubt it, somehow.