RE: Stats?

The "Sound and Fury" program that has been shown on the Canadian
Broadcasting Corporation network a couple of times deals with precisely the
issue of anger and violence caused by noise. It's approximately an hour
long. A videotape can be purchased from the Educational Sales Department at
(416) 205-6384. Unfortunately it's quite expensive -- close to $100 U.S. if
I remember correctly. But it's a valuable educational tool.

There was recently a double murder at a British Columbia campground that
was rumoured to have been sparked by a noise dispute, but I haven't seen
any details.

Finally, there's a summary of a Daily Mirror article on noise violence in
Britain, at http://www.islandnet.com/~skookum/quiet/bites.htm, under the
subhead "Noise Kills."

Peter Donnelly
Right to Quiet Society