Re: Making some noise on quieting

On Sat, 2 Aug 1997, Karen Jankowski wrote:

> Since you brought up what annoys you, here's mine:  people who hang the
> really loud wind chimes on their front porch so the whole neighborhood
> can hear it.  When I sit in the backyard, some days all I hear is their
> wind chimes.  I like the quiet in my yard, not the noise from the wind
> chimes.  Silly, huh.....

 Hi Karen,

 Boy it sure is nice to get some noise (inaudible)
happening on this list <g>. It was too quiet for a while.
I wouldn't characterize your disturbance as 'silly'. Our
group has been in touch with a couple of people whose
lives have been messed up for a period because of wind
chimes. This just reinforces what I always remind people
about noise: noise doesn't have to be loud to affect your
health. Moderate to quiet levels of noise can wreak havoc
with your stress levels.

 Eric Greenspoon
  Vice President - Citizens' Coalition Against Noise