Re: Piped music

<< A survey at Gatwick Airport revealed that 81 percent of
   people weren't even aware of the piped music. Of the remainder,
   the majority disliked it. It  was removed.

    Another question is, of the 81% unaware, how many of them
    would have sensed discomfort if the noise (a term I prefer to
    "music") would have been absent?

    These findings are interesting, and indicate the extent to
    which appreciation for music is disappearing from our
    society as the noise culture takes over.

    Listening to music should be an active involving experience.
    The piped-in noise we hear in so many public places appears
    to be accomplishing no other purpose but to nourish the noise
    addiction which inflicts so many people in our societies.