Stats?

Evening, folks!

About a year ago I read where a guy in Pittsburgh shot and killed one or
more kids who wouldn't turn down the music, etc.  Also, reading the 1978
EPA brochure left me with the impression that, as far back as the 70's,
acts of violence were carried out against those who intruded upon one's
hearing space (granted, these guys were probably a little sicko,
but...).

My question to the list:  is there a stockpile anywhere of statistics
like this?  Might prove a very useful tool when confronting callous
bureaucrats if we could show them that by not doing something about the
noise problem that there could be terrible acts committed in
reprisal...and that THEY might end up being sued for not acting to
prevent a forseeable action.

Just a thought.

Bob S.