Re: Radio in the workplace

> I'm sure most list-members will agree that my friend's rights are being
> violated by his being forced to listen to other people's entertainment
> noise, but I haven't been able to offer him any practical advice. Is anyone
> aware of any legal precedent establishing a right to quiet in the
> workplace? It is not a question of decibels, so it's not a matter for the
> Workers' Compensation Board.

  Off the top of my head I would say that until people can
prove that certain sounds/noises are causing specific
illnesses (not just stress) to themselves, it will be up to
individual employers to decide (using whatever criteria they
choose) whether they play or not play music in a
workplace environment. I hope someone can prove me wrong.

 Eric Greenspoon
  Vice President - Citizens' Coalition Against Noise