Re: Raising Public Awareness

Hi Michael,

>     Yes, I do mind being blasted while in a store.  I especially
>    ... Lately merchants in the OU campus area have taken to
>     mounting stereo speakers on the overhangs above the
>     sidewalk, and broadcasting their junk noise into the public
>     air.  That is even more objectionable.

Gotcha.

 We are in the last stages of a complete ban on
smoking in some          malls in North York.
Smoking is not permitted in any of
the              shopping areas nor the food
court. For some strange reason it _is
permitted in restaurants that are a few metres
away from the food        court! I've contacted
the authorities to understand the
logic            behind this. Their reply: As
long as the restaurant has a
washroom and walls it's OK. Makes perfect sense
don't you think?

  -Eric