Re: World Health Organisation - Community Noise

Hi David,

>  I'll post whatever I find
> out about it to the list.

  Look forward to hearing about your results.

>  I once checked through
> 30 years of "Psychological Abstracts" at a university library and
> didn't find anything that would help me convince my boss at work to
> get the company to turn off the paging system in our work area.

Maybe you should try what I did at work. I was
blasted day in and day out by the school
bell going off at the end of periods
that  was located _inside the class a few
feet behind me (never  measured the
sound but it was easily 100 dBA or more). On top
of that I had to put up with the speaker
firing at me with announcements
throughout the day.

Solution: one day after school when most had left
the building, I  climbed up on a desk,
disconnected the bell and put up
muffling in front of the speaker but behind the metal grill. I
should have done it a year earlier!

- Eric