Re: Raising Public Awareness

Hi David,

>     "Calling noise a nuisance is like calling smog an inconvenience.
> Noise must be considered a hazard to the health of people everywhere."
>    - Dr. William H. Stewart, former U.S. Surgeon Gerneral

 They're great quotes, including the last one. Now if we can just get the
present Surgeon General to come out with a similar but more specific
statement about noise and its health effects and make mandatory labeling
of loud equipment/machinery/signals etc.
 a la cigarette packages, then we'd be on the road to a quieter world!
 20 years after the former Surgeon General made his statement noise has
more than doubled worldwide and is even more of a serious problem today.
 I hope that in less than 5 years time, labeling products for their dB
level will be mandatory worldwide.

  - Eric