Re: Introducing myself

On Mon, 26 May 1997 02:53:55 -0400 (EDT),
Noise - Citizens Against   <cg343@freenet.toronto.on.ca> wrote:

> I don't think that it is a coincidence that many of the people
> who have come in contact with our group and the list are
> musically inclined. People who are in tune with music are also
> unfortunately in tune with noise.

  Hi Eric,

  Did your musical studies include "Ear Training"?  In High School
and College was intensely interested in Music Theory as I had hoped
to become a Composer.  "Ear Training and Sight Singing" was one of the
standard courses.  We were taught to recognize and distinguish the
sounds of standard intervals - 4ths, 5ths, major and minor 3rds, etc.
I'm glad for the education, but I sometimes wonder if I'd be less
concerned today if I'd never had it.

  David Staudacher - quiet@igc.org