Re: Burglar Alarm Noise Torture

In a message dated Sunday, May 25, 1997 08:47 Michael asked if I am in
Canada or the UK; actually I am in Cape Town, South Africa.
I agree that the plague of deficient alarms is a major health hazard.
A young American, in a recent submission to our Truth and Reconciliation
Commission pointed out that just because something is not expressly against
the law it does not mean that it is not a gross human rights violation. His
phrase sprang to mind reading about the U2 concert, how can supposedly
responsible politicians and local officials allow such desecration of human
space? Has anybody ever taken up this subject with the World Health
Organisation?