Re: Must-read newspaper articles

In a message dated 97-05-24 01:33:41 EDT, Eric writes:

<< It is rather absurd though, the lengths we must go to these days just to
 experience what used to be commonplace; quiet. - Eric

    Years ago I used to say that the day would come
    when capitalists would find a way to charge us for
    the very air we breathe.   I actually didn't believe what
    I was saying in a literal sense.  It was just rhetoric.

    Now, the environment has been so badly polluted with
    noise that some of us are ready to pay for quiet air.

       -- Michael