RE: Must-read newspaper a

 Annette, David is the one who is responsible for  making "pun" headlines
an important issue with me. This goes back a couple of years ago.
 David, a few months ago I whipped off a letter to the editor of a local
computer paper for  trying to be "cute" with almost every story headline.
They published the letter with edits, the major one making a pun for the
headline!!

> A simple, straightforward
> headline such as: "Enjoy the Silence", "Quiet Retreat" or "Silent
> Retreat Center" would easily have worked just as well and been more
> informative.  The cliche "silent treatment", meaning to shun someone
> by withholding conversation, is entirely inappropriate but still more
> of a "kick" for the editor who probably takes great satisfaction in
> contriving such puns.

    I couldn't agree with you more.

- Eric