RE: Must-read newspaper articles

>> Give us the gist of the Globe article, please, Eric.
>
>  After you have finished puking from that article, feast yourself to
> today's Globe and Mail article entitled "The silent treatment" in the
> Travel section D1. (Wed. May 21).

  Sorry about that.  It is difficult to tell whether the article is a
genuine treat or not, from the above.
  I'm happy to say that it is. A rare sanctuary  to escape everyday noise
is revealed.  The secret hideout is called Loyola House and is  north of
Guelph Ontario. It is a silent retreat centre sometimes described as the
"Guelph Centre of Spirituality". The writer describes in detail how the
visitors make a concerted effort to respect the silence of the resort,
where speech is even frowned upon!

  - Eric