Re: World Health Organisation - Community Noise

On Thu, 29 May 1997 20:11:03 +0200,
Ray Hattingh  <leemond@ilink.nis.za> wrote:

>     Community Noise (WHO Environmental Health Criteria document)
>     edited by Birgitta Berglund and Thomas Lindvall
>     1995, xv + 200 pages
>     ISBN 91 887 8402 9
>     Issued as Archives of the Center for Sensory Research
>
>Has anyone read a copy of this document?

I haven't, but the description looks very good.  I notice its a recent
publication with a lot of pages.  I found the web site for the
Psychology Department at Stockholm University, it is:

                   http://www.psychology.su.se

   I could not find any paper entitled "Community Noise", but I left
messages for both Birgitta Berglund and Dr. G. Gunnarsson about our
interest in obtaining a copy of the paper.  I'll post whatever I find
out about it to the list.

   A search on "noise" did return a few matches, but they all seemed
to deal with extremely specific cases.  I have found this tends to be
the case with scientific papers generally.  I once checked through
30 years of "Psychological Abstracts" at a university library and
didn't find anything that would help me convince my boss at work to
get the company to turn off the paging system in our work area.
   I hope "Community Noise" is a general overview of the topic written
at a level that can be appreciated by an average adult who doesn't
have a degree in Psychology.

David Staudacher - quiet@igc.org