RE: Gilding the lily

You make a good point -- son et lumiere is hardly a new idea. But with the
sponsors of the event being a "middle of the road" radio station we're
unlikely to get anything of the quality of Handel. Commercial messages,
more likely.

Today my son and I took a little ferry-and-car trip up-Island. We found a
nice little old-fashioned restaurant right by the water and sat by an open
window where butterflies came to the flower boxes. There was no music, and
it was really wonderful to be able to sit there are hear nothing but the
sounds of a seaside town and our own conversation. I gave the lady one of
our complimentary "pipedown" cards and she said normally they had the radio
on -- country-and-western. Oh well. But Michael Wright, you will be happy
to know that they had a piano and she said they _do_ occasionally have
customers sit down and play a tune.