RE: Conference on Acoustical Violence

Peter Donnelly,

>This is very interesting. Do you have any more information, or is there a
>website we can visit? I am curious to know what they mean by "acoustical
>violence".

Unfortunately, I don't have more information right now. I don't think there
is a website to visit. Acoustical violence refers to the use of sound as a
means to exercise violence. For example, when somebody shouts at anyone
else, or when at a store they play music at a high sound level and refuse to
lower it. In either case somebody is trying to compel another person to do
or to accept something he or she doesn't like to, which is a form of violence.
Anyway, I'll try to get more information.

Regards.