Re: Noise Pollution Bibliography

On Mon, 23 Jun 1997, Federico Miyara wrote:

> I congratulate you for the idea. But I think it would be interesting to
> undertake the task of compiling the largest bibliography ever compiled on
> noise-related subjects, without puting aside technical subjects. I think it
> would be great that such a list were very well organised, possibly with

  I wouldn't want to dissuade anyone from entering into
such an undertaking, however I must say that without the
help of a large dedicated team, it would take more than a
lifetime to compile the data. The reason is simply
because "noise-related subjects" are manifold. For
example there are thousands upon thousands of articles
and books dealing with noise in electronics. Heck, one
music list that I subscribe to often has discussions on
noisy hard drives and sound cards and ...

> The Noise Pollution Clearighouse has an on-line library in the Internet
> which contains literally tens of Mb of more-than-abstracts of many articles
> appeared in newspapers and the like all over the World. I even suspect that
> in many cases the abstracts contain the full text. The URL is
>
> http:/www.nonoise.org/library.htm

  I agree, this site is a powerhouse!

 Eric Greenspoon
  Vice President - Citizens' Coalition Against Noise