Re: Quiet Quote

Eric:

>  To me, noise is noise. That is, it is unwanted sound;
>whether it comes from a jack hammer, a jet, or a dripping
>tap. So for me, the "kind of noise" is unimportant. What
>may be of consideration (and may be what you meant) is
>the context in which the noise was made.

Just to give an example, when I'm doing a mental but uninteresting task,
a Vivaldi concerto is noise, but an quiete appealing one! It is noise
because it interferes with my activity, I would better not listen to it.
When speaking of "intrinsic" noise, you are right in your ojection. But
I couldn't as yet find a criterion to tell intrinsic noise from subjective
noise.

Regards.