Re: Introducing myself (long)

Just to add a bit to my last post (I was being timed out)...
Peter has had a quote on his home page for quite some
time now by a fellow named Chesterton I believe. It goes
something like "Music with dinner is both an insult to
the cook and violinist". Here we are trying to mix the
sense of taste with the auditory sense. The two are in
direct competition with each other.
 I find the more I like a piece/style of music, the more
distracted I become from enjoying my dinner.
 With videos its complete sensory overload, particularly
if the music is very appealing (which it rarely is with
todays videos). I feel that it's almost sacrilegious to
combine music with video.

 Eric Greenspoon
  Vice President - Citizens' Coalition Against Noise