Music and Dinner

Quiet is a medium within which we can truly experience other things. I see
"entertainment noise" as a spiritual disease within our society because it
denies the value of simple experience, by implicitly stating that every
experience must be  artificially enhanced.

We probably all have examples. My favourite is the time I went to an
aquarium to commune with the fishes. It being the Christmas season, I was
the only customer in the place. The establishment was filled with the
sounds of Rosemary Clooney singing Christmas carols. Despite my request,
the management would not turn it off or even down. What experience did they
think their customers were coming there for? How could Jingle Bell Rock
possibly add anything to the experience of observing God's creatures in
their element? For me, it was disturbing enough that I had to ask for my
money back and leave.

I don't want to start a whining thread here, but I think it's valuable to
keep this idea in mind: that quiet is not the absence of anything, it is a
space to be filled with everything else.

On the subject of music with videos, check out the movie "The Bear". It has
almost no music. And it is very good film.