automobile noise radiation polar pattern

Dear friends,

Does anybody know of any report, article or paper about the polar diagram of
the noise radiated by different kinds of vehicles?
Sometimes I've been thinking about how much acoustic energy is delivered to
the envirnment in a large town yearly (my question didn't aim specifically
to this issue). Although probably it is not so big a figure, I guess it
might be at least used to catch public attention for a while on the subject.

Regards.

Federico Miyara
Argentina