Church (catholic or other) references to Noise/Quiet?

   Anyone know of any noise pollution or pro-quiet references in any
official church papers?  I seem to recall hearing about a Papal
encyclical in which noise pollution was mentioned, but was unable to
find it.  I found the encyclicals (dating back to 1294 A.D.!) online
at "http://listserv.american.edu/catholic"; but didn't get any hits on
"noise" or "quiet" in any of the likely texts from this century.

    These encyclicals may be of ancillary interest:

    Television and the Family - 5/14/94
    On the Ecological Crisis - 1/1/90

David Staudacher - quiet@igc.org