Re: Self-confidence vs. Age

On Tue, 10 Jun 1997 Sorrento95@aol.com wrote:

> << The biggest irony about the ad is that, although
>      the ultimate audience target is the 30-50 age group
>     (the potential car buyers), it is clearly catering to all
>     of the visual and aural stimuli that appeals to the teen
>     and 20's set. A fascinating but disappointing ad.
>   >>

     I chose the wrong word in the last sentence, in my haste to post. I
meant to say "A fascinating but discouraging ad." (Discouraging in the
sense that our movement will take that much longer 'til these corporate
powers come on side.)

>    ...   The idea with the Porsche
>    is to preserve the illusion of youthfulness by driving
>    an auto with a  youthful image.

       That's right.

>    A lot of our problems would be diminished if we could
>    just destroy the stigma associated with aging.

       This may depend on how naive the baby boomers are/aren't.

               - Eric